Use this post to find other users who are participating and support each other. Create Skype groups to make group calls, make TinyChats for late night catch-ups, form Chatzys for word wars and sprints, whatever!If you have no idea what I’m on about, click here for more info. There’s still time to join in!
nice gender did your mom pick it out for you
No, my dad did.
I literally scrolled past this and then scrolled back up real quick to reblog because I finally understood the joke.
I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND
i’M LAUGHING SO HARD
#DidYouKnow #Deaf #DeafAwareness #education #SignLanguage #advocacy #NMSCares
This is actually sadly relevant. I had a lecture this summer about sign languages and Deaf culture and when I was finished, one hearing girl from the audience stayed behind to ask me some more question.
She asked me: “And your parents use sign language, right?” Like it was the most obvious thing in the world and why is she even asking this, of course my parents must know sign language.
"No… They don’t, actually."
"And how do you communicate, then?"
"But… isn’t that complicated for you?"
"It is, sometimes."
"They probably didn’t have time for it…" she said. And I haven’t the heart to tell her that my father was offered sign language courses several times, that I offered to teach them some signs and that they always refused.
But I did told her: “It is not that rare. Most of deaf people I know have hearing parents who don’t sign.”
It’s the sad truth. People are willing to pay for surgeries to “repair” their children, but they are not willing to learn something to communicate with them.
i’d like to add onto this with my own personal experience, too. i was born hearing, but as soon as i was diagnosed as HoH, my parents didn’t do anything to learn ASL. they were quick to put me in classes, but they wouldn’t when i suggested to them that they take the classes with me so that we could learn.
i’ve tried to teach my mom how to sign numerous times, but she always says that “you can’t teach an old dog new tricks,” to which i tell her that she can learn, she just doesn’t want to. which is true. neither of my parents want to learn how to sign, but they want me to be able to hear perfectly so they don’t have to repeat themselves.
little do they know that their frustration with me not being able to hear them would be solved if they would just learn how to sign. maybe signing something to me once instead of repeating themselves four times and then getting mad would be more beneficial.
I’m absolutely shocked at this, it’s never crossed my mind that many parents wouldn’t even try to meet their hard of hearing kids halfway.
What the fuck kind of parenting is that? I’m appalled.
Listen, man. If you’re going to be a parent, then that means you have to be prepared to pull your finger out and do things for them, even when it’s inconvenient for you. Your kid didn’t ask to be lumped in with you; you did that, and now you’re going to have to do everything you can to make that kid’s life as decent and balanced and good as you can possibly manage. That’s what being a parent means. Your kids don’t owe you shit.
Now normally when I explain that it’s because someone is bitching and whining about having an ungrateful child who doesn’t want to do X, Y or Z with them or for them or who isn’t living up to expectations, like that child is indebted to them because they fulfilled the basic criteria of human decency by raising them with some semblance of compassion and care, but this? Horrendous.
I’m sorry, does learning a new skill so that you can communicate with your child seem like it’s above and beyond somehow? Sorry, matey, but it isn’t. You’re a parent, this is your job. Pull your fucking socks up.
How about some love for a good police officer?
Officer Gaetano Acerra
Responded to a call where a 13 year old boy didnt want to live in his home anymore. He found out that the family couldnt afford a bed or much else for the teen.
So he bought him one. A big queen sized one.
He also bought him a Tv and someone donated a Wii, so now they play whenever Officer Gaetano Acerra has a chance
He also plans to get him a dresser, mirror, and a hamper. Among other things he needs but cannot afford.
People. They’re not ALWAYS a bunch of bastards.
The corruption needs to go.
This guy can stay.
Mass produce this guy. There needs to be more of him
So three years ago one of these stores closed and had a clearance sale where I bought a really nice framed poster of American McGuee’s Alice along with other stuff for really cheap. I got such a thrill from it, that for the past two years I’ve been stalking the status of the last few Blockbuster Video stores left in my city, waiting for them to close so I can take advantage of their clearance sales.
There is one left.
They really need to make capri sun packs bigger. I’m not fucking 7 anymore. I am a grown man. All I’m saying is that sometimes 6.5 fl. oz. just doesn’t cut it.
OH MY LORD ITS CAPRI SUN FOR ADULTS
SPREAD THE WORD
god is real and hes here for us
THIS IS SERIOUSLY A SALAD DRESSING COMMERCIAL
WHAT ARE YOU REALLY TRYING TO SELL
equal sexual representation between both genders on tv
i will reblog this over and over until my fingers bleed from reblogging
Lets get zesty
IS THIS WHAT IT’S LIKE FOR MEN TO SEE COMMERCIALS ALL THE TIME?
I’M HONESTLY MOSTLY EXCITED BECAUSE HE IS COOKING
"dumb teenage drama"
- "hold on baby you’re losing it…/…you cry but you don’t tell anyone" two lines from Tied Together with a Smile, a song about Taylor’s friend with an eating disorder
- "daddy’s smart and you’re the prettiest lady in the whole wide world" a line from The Best Day, about her mother
- "people are people and sometimes it doesnt work out" a line from Breathe about losing someone important to you and being at fault for it
- "so if the chain is on your door, i understand" a lyric from Taylor’s song Back To December in which she writes about breaking someone;s heart
- "no one knows what to say about a beautiful boy who died" from Taylor’s song Ronan about a real life little boy who died of cancer
- "who you are is not what you did" from Innocent a song written in forgiveness of Kanye West after the incident at the VMAs
- "long live the walls we crashed through/ i had the time of my life with you" from Taylor’s Long Live off her Speak Now album, written about her fans
- "oh darling dont you ever grow up/ it could stay this simple" lyrics from Never Grow Up a song about enjoying where you are in each part of your life
- "you have pointed out my flaws again/as if i dont already see them" a lyric from Mean about a critic who wrote a rude obnoxious and hateful review of her
- "and they tell you that youre lucky/but youre so confused/cause you dont feel pretty/you just feel used" lyrics of The Lucky One
a song written about hollywood and the price of fame
- "dont look at me you got a girl at home" Girl At Home is a song that is in defense of women who are in relationships in which the other person is not faithful
- "i guess youre in new york today/ i dont want to miss you this way" from Come Back…Be Here a song about a long-distance relationship
and as for depth just appreciate all the depth in the following:
- "and you come away with a great little story/of a mess of a dreamer/with the nerve to adore you" -cold as you
- "but in life you’ll do things greater than dating the boy on the football team" -fifteen
- "my mistake i didn’t know to be in love/you had to fight to have the upper hand" -white horse
- "why do you have to make me feel small/so you can feel whole inside" -tell me why
- "and you got your share of secrets/and i’m tired of being last to know" -you’re not sorry
- "he can’t see the smile i’m faking/and my hearts not breaking/cause i’m not feeling anything at all" -the way i loved you
- "it rains when you’re here/and it rains when you’re gone" -forever & always
- "you made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughter" -mine
- "but if we loved again/i swear i’d love you right" -back to december
- "but i took your matches before fire could catch me/so don’t look now/i’m shining like fireworks over your sad empty town" -dear john
- "i was losing my mind when i saw you here/ but you held your pride like you should of held me" -the story of us
- "please don’t be in love with someone else/please don;t have somebody waiting on you" -enchanted
- "but no amount of vintage dresses gives you dignity" -better than revenge
- "i hope you remember/today is never too late to be brand new" -innocent
- "all that i know is i don’t know/how to be something you’ll miss" -last kiss
- "if you have children someday/when they point to the pictures/please tell them my name" -long live
- "six months gone and i’m still reaching/even though i know you’re not there" -if this was a movie
- "this is the golden age of something good and right and real" -state of grace
- "all we are is skin and bone/trained to get along/forever going with the flow/but you’re friction" -treacherous
- "you almost ran the red/cause you were looking over at me" -all too well
- "i’d like to be my old self again/but i’m still trying to find it" -all too well
- "i hope sometimes you wonder about me" -i almost do
- "you wear your best apology/but i was there to watch you leave" -the last time
- "and i guess we fell apart in the usual way/and the storys got dust on every page/and sometimes i wonder how you think about it now/and how i see your face in every crowd" -holy ground
- "and time is taking its sweet time erasing you/and you’ve got your demons and darling/they all look like me" -sad beautiful tragic
- "your eyes look like coming home" -everything has changed
- "and it was like slow motion/standing there in my party dress/in red lipstick/with no one to impress" -the moment i know
- "this is falling in love in the cruelest way/this is falling for you when you are worlds away" -come back…be here
taylorswift throwback to the time I went too wild
Hades is the Greek god of death I find it beautifully ironic that death saved that little boys life
Here’s another fun fact: Pit Bulls were once known as “nanny dogs” because of how kind and protective they were of children. (Source)